Friday, 1 June 2012

Our shadows taller than our soul.


Sometimes while standing under the nearby bridge,
Smoking a joint and listening to the rolling stones,
I see a figure chiseled off the haze.
It used to be awkward till today when I finally broke the ice.





“When I walk alone,
 I don’t wish to see a shadow that’s not my own.”

“I ain’t no shadow, just one of your thought personified.
The most beautiful thought you could ever think of!
I am something you always longed for, something that you were always denied,
It was me whom you mistook for the conspiracy for fate’s mirth.
And it was me whom you were looking for when you kissed all those girls.”


 That last sentence of hers brought a frown on my face;
A default expression for most men when they just don’t know what to say.
“What was I looking for?
Don’t give me those riddles, one thing that I don’t like to play.”


“You look scared, its not the first time though.
Every time I showed up in someone you quickly moved away.”
 “I think I have your name lady, say no more!”



 “Men have always worshiped what scared them,
That’s how we created our gods.
It’s not that I don’t worship you Love,
But it’s just to embrace you that I am afraid of.”


“Could you just show me your face once?
The euphoria is beginning to fade away.
I am not certain if I will see you ever again.”


“Caution here Love’s lover “, the enticing image spoke after a pause.
“I told you I am your most beautiful thought;
 Will you risk ruining the elegance by giving me a human form? “

No comments:

Post a Comment